Younger Person Passenger Assessment
These are undertaken by an Occupational Therapist. Assessment tailored to the individual considers advice regarding the young person’s ability to access/egress the vehicle as well as be seated safely and comfortably.
The assessment for travelling as a passenger considers:
- Medical condition and prognosis
- Size and growth rate
- Developmental level, behaviour and tolerance for travel
- Physical abilities, mobility and transfer techniques
- Seating and posture needs
- Current vehicle(s) and seating options
- Family & Lifestyle requirements
We have access to some solutions at our main centres including Wheelchair Accessible Vehicle, mainstream and specialist child car seats, safety restraint options, swivel seats and vehicle boot hoists.
The Occupational Therapist will follow up the assessment with a written report which will include any recommended solutions.