Regional Transport Hub
The Regional Transport Hub support people who may find that because they can no longer drive or have never driven, they are lonely and isolated and would appreciate free individual advice on their local area, considering their accessibility needs.
Hub staff will contact the person and establish how they are managing travel in their life and will then look to support them through difficulties they may be experiencing. The Regional Transport Hub staff can then advise the person utilising their knowledge and access to a wide range of resources such as those below:
- Information on accessible bus, coach, rail, boat and air travel
- Journey planning, concessions and permit schemes
- The blue badge parking scheme and accessible parking
- Rights as a disabled traveller
- Accessible attractions and destinations
- Suitable activities and groups in the person’s area
- Community transport such as Dial-A-Ride
- Shop Mobility
- Accessible taxis
- Wheelchair and mobility scooter support
- Ways to reduce loneliness and isolation
If you would like free individual advice, please fill out the HUB referral form below or click here to download the form.